US: Military Draft System to be TestedFri Dec 22, 2006 14:38
FPF-fwd. Military Insider Newsletter
US: Military Draft System to be Tested
Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:28
The US junta after 18 years wants the military draft again. The war machine managers call it a 'test' but are gearing up for a draft. "Military men are just dumb stupid animals to be used as pawns in foreign policy." - Henry Kissinger, quoted in "Kiss the Boys Good-bye: How the United States Betrayed Its Own POW’s in Vietnam."
Intro by Henk Ruyssenaars
FPF/Amsterdam - 22 December 2006 - Most certainly the FPF wishes everybody all the best, but let's be careful. Those are very dangerous days concerning so called information: the "bury-bad-news-days". All crooks all over the world who deem this dirty trick necessary will in the coming (for many) holidays and up to two weeks publish/flash/hide a message/fake/lie/announcement/justification/law or whatever from which advantages is expected to afterwards justify the crimes: "It was published," they'll say in defense: "You should have known!"
The story below - and the of course supporting comments via the mass media propaganda channels are the flag that covers the corpses. The strange group steering the US junta and it's war machine must be eliminated. Now they will feed more live human beings to their war Golem through the military draft in the US. As if poverty wasn't enough to force poor youngsters to be made into cannon fodder. Pawns to be radiated while risking their lives in illegal occupations defending the economical interests of a very strange private group. This is a very good description of those creatures.- Url.: http://www.serendipity.li/bush/beyond_insanity.htm.
US: Military Draft System to be Tested
Associated Press | December 22, 2006 - WASHINGTON - The Selective Service System is planning a comprehensive test of the military draft machinery, which hasn't been run since 1998.
[This second line should be read as always WITHOUT the NOT words. - HR]
The agency is not gearing up for a draft, an agency official said Thursday. The test itself would not likely occur until 2009.
Meanwhile, the secretary for Veterans Affairs said that "society would benefit" if the U.S. were to bring back the draft and that it shouldn't have any loopholes for anyone who is called to serve. VA Secretary Jim Nicholson later issued a statement saying he does not support reinstituting a draft.
The Selective Service "readiness exercise" would test the system that randomly chooses draftees by birth date and the network of appeals boards that decide how to deal with conscientious objectors and others who want to delay reporting for duty, said Scott Campbell, Selective Service director for operations and chief information officer.
"We're kind of like a fire extinguisher. We sit on a shelf" until needed, Campbell said. "Everyone fears our machine for some reason. Our machine, unless the president and Congress get together and say, 'Turn the machine on' ... we're still on the shelf."
The administration has for years forcefully opposed bringing back the draft, and the White House said Thursday that its position had not changed.
A day earlier, President Bush said he is considering sending more troops to Iraq and has asked Defense Secretary Robert Gates to look into adding more troops to the nearly 1.4 million uniformed personnel on active duty.
According to the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office, increasing the Army by 40,000 troops would cost as much as $2.6 billion the first year and $4 billion after that. Service officials have said the Army wants to increase its force by 20,000 to 30,000 soldiers and the Marine Corps would like 5,000 more troops.
The unpopular war in Iraq, where more than 2,950 American troops have already died, complicates the task of finding more recruits and retaining current troops - to meet its recruitment goals in recent years, the Army has accepted recruits with lower aptitude test scores.
In remarks to reporters in New York, Nicholson recalled his own experience as a company commander in an infantry unit that brought together soldiers of different backgrounds and education levels. He said the draft "does bring people from all quarters of our society together in the common purpose of serving."
Rep. Charles Rangel, a New York Democrat who has said minorities and the poor share an unfair burden of the war, plans to introduce a bill next year to reinstate the draft.
House Speaker-elect Nancy Pelosi has said that reinstating the draft would not be high on the Democratic-led Congress' priority list, and the White House said Thursday that no draft proposal is being considered.
Planning for the Selective Service exercise, called the Area Office Mobilization Prototype Exercise, is slated to begin in June or July of next year for a 2009 test. Campbell said budget cuts could force the agency to cancel the test, which he said should take place every three years but hasn't because of funding constraints.
Hearst Newspapers first reported the planned test for a story sent to its subscribers for weekend use.
The military drafted people during the Civil War and both world wars and between 1948 and 1973. An agency independent of the Defense Department, the Selective Service System was reincorporated in 1980 to maintain a registry of 18-year-old men, but call-ups have not occurred since the Vietnam War.
[andend] - Story at US Military Com - Url.: http://www.military.com/NewsContent/0,13319,121118,00.html?ESRC=eb.nl
* Google selection mainstream propaganda - US Draft - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/ykm4sp
* US VOTERS SKEPTICAL: ASSOCIATED PRESS DECIDES? - From AxisofLogic.com - News Article - Oct. 28, 2004 - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/5zosu
* Rolling Stone : The Return of the Draft - "It shouldn't be just the poor and the working poor who find their way into ... Let us go home." _ Url.: www.rollingstone.com/politics/ story/6862691/the_return_of_the_draft/
* Call to Restore Draft is Protest Against Iraq War - The president is a fanatic to get us involved in a war with Iraq . ... we should not do it on the backs of poor people and minorities," Stark said. - Url.: www.commondreams.org/headlines03/0123-04.htm
* Should we Support a Draft? - However, I find myself very conflicted about the possibility of a military draft. ... Bush has given us a rich man 's war, and a poor man's fight. - Url.: www.commondreams.org/views04/0429-12.htm
* CounterRecruiter: February 26, 2006 - March 4, 2006 - Puerto Ricans from the island and in the U.S. were also disproportionately represented in front-line combat units. They, like other poor people... - Url.:
* NOW IS, INDEED, THE TIME FOR ALL GOOD MEN TO COME TO THE AID OF THEIR COUNTRY." - JOHN PROTEVI - 2006-10-01 - Story Url.: http://projectbraintrust.com/blog.html?p=84
* MAKING THE US AN EMPIRE: ''MILITARY COMMISSIONS ACT OF 2006'' - Wikipedia - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/ydkywt
* R.I.P. Habeas Corpus & Powerless judges - Are we entering America's darkest hour? - Url.: http://www.cemab.be/news/2006/10/2015.php
* THE AMERICAN CONFESSION MACHINE: a 50.000 Volt 'stun belt' will make anybody 'confess' anything - Url.: tinyurl.com/lznn2
* US "Death Squad Protection Act" - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/6xdfw
* DEFINITION OF SEMITES from the Collins English Dictionary - [http://tinyurl.com/zj9y4] - "Semitic: a member of the group of Caucasoid people who speak a Semitic language, including the Jews and Arabs as well as the Ancient Babylonians (Iraqis), the Assyrians (Syria), and the Phoenicians (the Lebanese of today). Semitic: a branch or sub-family of languages that includes Arabic, Aramaic, Hebrew.” - Palestinians and Lebanese for instance, are semites. The centuries old JDL gutter-cliché: "anti semitism' has always been a fake accusation, abused globally to kill discussions. Not anymore: Never again! But what the US/Israeli war machine is doing, is anti semitism on a global scale.
* The Dutch author this far has lived and worked abroad - never in an English speaking country - for more than 4 decades for international media as an independent foreign correspondent, of which 10 years - also during Gulf War I - in the Arab World and the Middle East. Seeing worldwide that every bullet and every bomb breeds more terrorism!
* FPF-COPYRIGHT NOTICE - In accordance with Title 17 U. S. C. Section 107 - any copyrighted work in this message is distributed by the Foreign Press Foundation under fair use, without profit or payment, to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the information. Url.: http://liimirror.warwick.ac.uk/uscode/17/107.html
FOREIGN PRESS FOUNDATION
Editor: Henk Ruyssenaars
- What part of "no" does Bush not understand? by Larry Sakin, Fri Dec 22 18:29
- Bush and Hitler have much in common !! Researcher, Sat Dec 23 23:07
- Why Bush does'nt understand no !! Researcher, Sat Dec 23 22:34
- Letter to the Editor - We need a Plan Marc Perkel, Fri Dec 22 19:05
- A. Alexander | Press Ignores the Generals t r u t h o u t | 12.22, Fri Dec 22 18:57
- HILLARY Exposed on All Fronts plus: the Iranian Disguise Tom Heneghan, Fri Dec 22 17:36
- A Generation Is All They Need Star Sunday, Fri Dec 22 16:43
- Nazi Germany = U.S.; Ted Rall, Nuremberg Laws. . . . nukedboomer, Sat Dec 23 12:42
Main Page - Friday, 12/24/06
Message Board by American Patriot Friends Network [APFN]
APFN MESSAGEBOARD ARCHIVES