T R U T H O U TFOCUS | About Face: Soldiers Call for Iraq WithdrawalSat Dec 16, 2006 14:00
FOCUS | About Face: Soldiers Call for Iraq Withdrawal
An organized, robust movement of active-duty US military personnel has publicly surfaced to oppose a war in which they are serving. Those involved plan to petition Congress to withdraw American troops from Iraq. Not since 1969, when some 1,300 active-duty military personnel signed an open letter in the New York Times opposing the war in Vietnam, has there been such a dramatic barometer of rising military dissent.
VIDEO | Army Targets Truthout for Subpoenas in Watada Case
In a case that cuts right to the heart of the First Amendment, a US Army prosecutor has indicated he intends to subpoena Truthout Executive Director Marc Ash, a Truthout reporter, and two of the nonprofit news organization's regular contributors, to authenticate news reports they produced and edited earlier this year that quoted an Army officer criticizing President Bush and the White House's rationale for the Iraq War.
- US-authored illegalities in Iraq runs almost beyond measure aeisha, Sat Dec 16 14:11
- ONLY THE UNITED NATIONS CAN INTERVENE! Ralph C. Whitley, Sr. a Veteran of One, Sat Dec 16 17:00
- No thanks: WE MUST GET UN... INVOLVED Devvy Kidd, Sat Dec 16 20:52
- Suggestion for SOLUTION to DU problem? Ralph C. Whitley, Sr. a Veteran of One, Sat Dec 16 21:40
- Broken Gear, Piling Up FirebaseTn@aol.com, Sat Dec 16 14:34
Main Page - Monday, 12/18/06
Message Board by American Patriot Friends Network [APFN]
APFN MESSAGEBOARD ARCHIVES