Have you considered getting some professional PR help?
Sat Nov 25, 2006 15:58

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Media attention
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 14:17:45 EST
To: apfn@apfn.org

Have you considered getting some professional PR help? I know that may seem like money wasted, but even one visit on the Daily Show or the Colbert Report or Bill Maher's show, or hopefully 60 minutes, could help your cause. Believe it or not, I found out about DU on NBC's news show when Congressman McDermott told about how the babies in Iraq's hospitals are deformed quite often, and the mother first asks, "Is it normal?" not whether it is a girl or boy. If that could get on TV, network TV, then it's time to get busy.

Have you considered doing paid advertising on the radio? This has to get out there. I know that money is short, but if the word gets out, the money will come. I have found that if you pinpoint certain shows and flood them with phone calls and e-mails and ask them to cover something, often, they will respond because of the public outcry. I know some people in the peace movement feel they are above watching network TV and don't feel like dealing with them (the revolution won't be televises people) but never forget the last pope's words: "If it didn't happen on TV, it didn't happen.

I would be more than willing to do PR work for you and try to get people on TV, but I need to know who and what issues are most "saleable" for the public. It's hard to give them everything, but you have to give them something- start small, and let it grow. Let me know. I did some media work for Dennis Kucnich and was somewhat successful, as well as for election issues and the anti-war effort. I like to do this kind of thing, but unless I have an organization to work for, I don't do it. I believe in what you're doing. I can do this for free if you want, since my real job is being a substitute teacher, but if you want me to do this full-time, I would need to be paid as much as I get for substitute work, which is not very much. Hopefully, I could do both and not have to drain this group of any money at all.

Mary Jacobs
(323) 260-4895
4115 Hammel St.
Los Angeles, CA 90063

================

Audio: http://www.apfn.net/pogo/L001I061004-jfk.MP3

-----------------

RE: DU ALERT INFO AND LINKS:
http://www.apfn.org/apfn/du.htm

Main Page - Tuesday, 12/05/06

Message Board by American Patriot Friends Network [APFN]

APFN MESSAGEBOARD ARCHIVES