"Who Ordered Media Lockdown Reported?"
Sun Nov 14, 2004 02:29
"Who Ordered Media Lockdown Reported?"
Posting of Nov 11,'04
Letter from a friend:
On Friday I received a phone call from a good friend who works at CBS - I've known her for years and she is a Producer for some of the news programs, one well known one in particular. She tipped me off that the news media is in a "lock-down" and that there is to be no TV coverage of the real problems with voting on Nov. 2nd. She said similar "lock-down orders" had come down last year after the invasion of Iraq, but this is far worse - far scarier.
She said the majority of their journalists at CBS and elsewhere in NYC are pretty horrified - every one is worried about their jobs and retribution Dan Rather style or worse. My source said they've also been forbidden to talk about it even on their own time but she was pissed and her journalistic and moral integrity as what she considers to be a government watchdog requires her to speak out, even if covertly, and she therefore asked me to "spread" the word...She said that journalism and the truth are at stake. She said another friend of hers, a producer at MSNBC, said that an anchor by the name of Keith Olbermann had brought it up on his show on Friday eve and the axe came down. He's at least fighting back and talking about it on his "Blog", but she said that people there are worried that he's going to be fired by higher ups.
She said at this point the only way that the "real news" was going to be known is if the people started talking about it and made a big enough stink about it to our elected officials, the FEC, and "noise" to the international media, that our own media won't have any choice but to cover it. The only place you'll see this talked about right now is on the internet and on AirAmericaRadio.
People and Agencies to Contact regarding this matter:
1) Your two US Senators & Congressional Representative - here is the main switchboard number for the House and Senate: 1-800-839-5276 Although individual numbers are listed below, you can reach all Senators and Representatives via this 800 number
2) Nancy Pelosi, House Minority Leader: 202-225-4965
3) These members are allegedl/reportedly looking into the issue - urge them to introduce a bill to investigate voter fraud:
Rep. Henry Waxman of CA - 202-225-3976
Rep. Stephanie Tubbs-Jones of OH - 202-225-7032
Rep. Dennis Kucinich of OH - 202-225-5871
Rep. Tim Ryan of OH - 202-225-5261
4) Democratic & Republican Members of the House Judiciary Committee:
Rep. Robert Wexler of FL - 202-225-3001
Rep. Maxine Waters of CA - 202-225-2201
Rep. Chabot of OH (R)- 202-225-2216
Rep. King of IA (R)- 202-225-4426
5) Democrat & Republican Members (call both) of the Senate Judiciary Committee:
Sen. Patrick Leahy of VT - 202-224-4242
Sen. Ted Kennedy of MA - 202-224-4543
Sen. Joe Biden of DE - 202-224-5042
Sen. Russ Feingold of WI - 202-224-5323
Sen. Charles Schumer of NY - 202-224-6542
Sen. Arlen Specter of PA (R) - 202-224-4254 (thank him also for having urged the Pres. to not choose anti-abortion judges and taking the body blows)
Sen. Mike DeWine of OH (R) - 202-224-2315
Sen. Chuck Grassley of IA (R)- 202-224-3744
6) Federal Elections Commission:
Joseph Stoltz, Assistant Staff Director, Telephone: 800-424-9530 (press 0, then ext. 1200)
Lynne McFarland, Inspector General, Telephone: 800-424-9530 (press 0, then ext. 1015)
7) The news media - we have to put pressure on them:
NBC/MSNBC- Nightly@NBC.com & email@example.com
CBS- 212-258-6000 - 60II@cbsnews.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com,
8) Call the Secretary of State's office in the state of OH and FL -
Tell them that you demand under the HAVA law to have all votes counted - especially the absentee, military and all provisional ballots counted and verified - tell them you suspect foul-play.
Phone to Ohio Secretary of State Kenneth Blackwell's Office: toll free - 1-877-767-6446 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 614-466-2585
Phone to FL Sec. of State Glenda Hood's Office: 850-245-6500
9) Donate $5 to Bev Harris at http://www.blackboxvoting.org/ - she has been filing 1000's of information requests under the "FOIA-Freedom of Information Act" to account for the various voting machines across the country.
10) Email or Fax Ralph Nader - Yep, here's his opportunity to make up for any feelings of bad will after the 2000 election and the current one. Ralph has been a lifelong advocate for us, the consumer and little guy and he is actually in the unique position right now to do something since he was a Presidential candidate and has the ability to be listened to. He has actually already filed a challenge in NH (not that he is looking to overturn the results, but because he can prove there may have been bigger problems and he qualifies there as having been on the ballot).
Urge him to do this across the board on a national level. The media seemed to love him before the election, could they possibly ignore him now? Contact Ralph at - 202-265-4000
11) Call/email Jimmy Carter at the Carter Center: email@example.com or call at (800) 550-3560
Former President Jimmy Carter and the Carter Center are considered to be the most experienced in the election process and conducting fair democratic elections - urge him to get involved and investigate possible fraud and the unexplainable discrepancies throughout the election involving the computer voting machines, especially in swing states.
Kerry lawyers scrutinize voting in Ohio But campaign says effort isn't aimed at challenging results The Associated Press Updated: 11:37 a.m. ET Nov. ... more
2004 COLLECTED VOTE FRAUD STORIES
The Ultimate Felony Against Democracy
... may not) be the most massive election fraud in the ... the topic, Votergate, available at www.votergate.tv. ... movement must become: Get Corporations Out Of Our Vote! ...
"The right of voting for representatives is the primary right by which all other rights are protected. To take away this right is to reduce a man to slavery..."
Main Page - 11/13/04
Message Board by American Patriot Friends Network [APFN]
APFN MESSAGEBOARD ARCHIVES