Bush Signs Torture Bill: Good-bye, habeas corpus.Tue Oct 17, 2006 15:35
Henk Ruyssenaars fwd.
Bush Signs Torture Bill: Good-bye, habeas corpus.
Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:17
BUSH SIGNS TORTURE BILL: GOOD-BYE, HABEAS CORPUS. HELLO, EXECUTIVE DETENTION.
"If the Constitution says that the little guy should win, the little guy's going to win in court before me." - But if after Bush signing, the little guy will never get into the courtroom. In the US law is dead, the Dark Ages are back, and hey keep on bombing the US back into the Stone Age.
BUSH SIGNS BILL ALLOWING QUICK TERROR TRIALS, TOUGH INTERROGATIONS
CBC News - U.S. President George W. Bush has signed into law a controversial new bill that allows for aggressive interrogation and quick prosecution of terror suspects. At a ceremony in the White House attended by senior military and civilian security officials, Bush said the Military Commissions Act would save American lives and help the country stop militant attacks before they happen.
"WITH THIS BILL, AMERICA REAFFIRMS HER INTENT TO WIN THE WAR ON TERROR," HE SAID. [ ]
No lawmaker with a functioning brain nor any human being agrees with this fascist law rape. Bush, his managers and Bush adviser Kissinger with their war machine, killing for profit and power in nearly the whole world, represents everything evil going on. They have turned the US into rogue state #1. Globally seen this sick US 'Nero' must be one of the most hated war criminals now. Worse than Stalin, Hitler, Idi Amin, Pol Pot, Djengis Khan etc. etc.
What does group does and has done to the world is beyond humanity. There's no doubt in the rest of the world among human beings that this United States Nero has gone totally mad, and does exactly as he is told by the managers. Online at MSNBC there's a Live Vote: Do you believe President Bush's actions justify impeachment? Until today 86% say Bush (and his group) should go to jail, but that figure should rise to a 100%...
The question, asked today just before this killer of the Constitution and Habeas Corpus signed, was: Do you believe President Bush's actions justify impeachment?*
Yes, between the secret spying, the deceptions leading to war and more, there is plenty to justify putting him on trial.
No, like any president, he has made a few missteps, but nothing approaching "high crimes and misdemeanors." - 4.4%
No, the man has done absolutely nothing wrong. Impeachment would just be a political lynching. - 7.3%
I don't know. - 1,8%
It sheer horror what they do, since all people in the United States and it's colonies, will be confronted with the worst Gestapo on earth: a totally lawless gang of killers who have thrown all ideas concerning jurisprudence and defending human rights over board. Emily Bazelon wrote about the value of 'The Formerly Great Writ': "Tucked into the renewal of the Patriot Act, which Congress will reconsider in December, is an unrelated provision that would make it harder for American prisoners to challenge their convictions in federal court. Congress may also soon vote to limit the rights of foreign detainees in Guantanamo Bay to apply to federal court.
What's driving the effort to close off federal courts from prisoners? Have prisoners been exploiting legal loopholes to cut short their sentences? Hardly. The number of federal appeals brought by prisoners—and the success rate of those appeals—has steadily dropped for the last five years. Federal judges themselves decided as a body to oppose the current efforts in Congress to cut back further on prisoners' appeals.
Still, some lawmakers are determined to bend the courts to their will. If they really get their way, they'll eviscerate the centuries-old right of habeas corpus review as we know it—leaving all of us increasingly subject to the unilateral power of executive detention. Why stop with Jose Padilla or Ali Saleh Kahlah al-Marri if Congress is ready to let prosecutors lock up anyone and keep them there? [end quote] - Article URL: http://www.slate.com/id/2131127/
FPF - RELATED:
* Bush signs bill allowing quick terror trials, tough interrogations - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/y8o6fa
* The MSNBC vote is at Url.: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10562904/
* It’s official. We just got medieval. - The Associated Press calls it “tough interrogation.” - We call it ‘the indefinite-detainment, unyielding-torture, habeas-corpus-suspending, mortgage-America’s-bedrock-principles-upon-the-altar-of-anti-terrorism. - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/yh5ujo
* "Sarah, if the American people had ever known the truth about what we Bushes have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - George Bush Senior speaking in an interview with Sarah McClendon in December 1992.
* The Top Ten American War Criminals Living Freely Today - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/dvudx
* What Bush c.s. - the neocons* and their collaborators - are afraid of - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/95nk2
* Google search "Biggest threat to world peace" - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/dk2lj
* "People do not forget. They do not forget the death of their fellows, they do not forget torture and mutilation, they do not forget injustice, they do not forget oppression, they do not forget the terrorism of mighty powers. They not only don't forget: they also strike back." - 2005 Nobel Literature Prize winner Harold Pinter - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/9cyeq
* The Nuremberg principles: "Any person who commits an act which constitutes a crime under international law is responsible therefor and liable to punishment." - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/byurp
* 'The war in Iraq is illegal' - BBC: video & text-interview of the United Nation's Secretary General Kofi Annan - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/5pl2v
* The leaked 'Downing Street Memos' expose the criminal lies by war criminals like Bush, Blair, Berlusconi (It.) Balkenende (NL) - their collaborating media and other malignant ilk - Url.: http://www.downingstreetmemo.com/
* Who's financing? - The 'Federal Reserve' and it's usurers is the absolute biggest crime against all humanity ever. - Url.: http://www.apfn.org/apfn/reserve.htm
* The Dutch author this far has lived and worked abroad - never in an English speaking country - for more than 4 decades for international media as an independent foreign correspondent, of which 10 years - also during Gulf War I - in the Arab World and the Middle East. Seeing worldwide that every bullet and every bomb breeds more terrorism!
FPF-COPYRIGHT NOTICE - In accordance with Title 17 U. S. C. Section 107 - any copyrighted work in this message is distributed by the Foreign Press Foundation under fair use, without profit or payment, to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the information. Url.: http://liimirror.warwick.ac.uk/uscode/17/107.html
FOREIGN PRESS FOUNDATION
Editor: Henk Ruyssenaars
CARL KLANG: HANG 'EM HIGH...USE YOUR VOTE LIKE A ROPE
Main Page - Friday, 10/20/06
Message Board by American Patriot Friends Network [APFN]
APFN MESSAGEBOARD ARCHIVES