SourceWatchEstablishing martial law in the United StatesSat Aug 12, 2006 23:24
Establishing martial law in the United States
Should President George W. Bush proclaim and put into effect Executive Order 12919, "the President would put the United States under total Martial Law and Military Dictatorship."  (http://uweb.txstate.edu/~lf14/conspire/execu.html)
"The President need not wait for some emergency to occur, however. He can declare a National Emergency at any time, and freeze everything. Congress, and the States, are powerless to prevent such an Executive Dictatorship, as long as the President advises Congress in a timely matter."  (http://uweb.txstate.edu/~lf14/conspire/execu.html)
Table of contents [showhide]
2 Concentration Camps: Rex 84
3 Specific to a Flu Outbreak
5 Other Articles & Commentary
6 SourceWatch Resources
Executive Order 12656 "Assignment of Emergency Preparedness Responsibilities" (http://www.millennium-ark.net/News_Files/Exec.Orders/EO.12656.html), February 16, 2004 plus Executive Order 13074 (http://www.millennium-ark.net/News_Files/Exec.Orders/EO.13074.html), Amendment to EO 12656, February 9, 1998.
"Executive Order Number 12656 appointed the National Security Council as the principal body that should consider emergency powers. This allows the government to increase domestic intelligence and surveillance of U.S. citizens and would restrict the freedom of movement within the United States and grant the government the right to isolate large groups of civilians. The National Guard could be federalized to seal all borders and take control of U.S. air space and all ports of entry."  (http://www.indybay.org/news/2005/09/1765545.php)
Executive Order 11921 "Adjusting Emergency Preparedness Assignments to Organizational and Functional Changes in Federal Departments and Agencies" (http://www.fas.org/irp/offdocs/eo/eo-11921.htm) allows the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) [stated as the Federal Emergency Preparedness Agency] to "develop plans to establish control over the mechanisms of production and distribution, of energy sources, wages, salaries, credit and the flow of money in U.S. financial institution in any undefined national emergency. It also provides that when a state of emergency is declared by the President, Congress cannot review the action for six months."  (http://www.indybay.org/news/2005/09/1765545.php)
"FEMA's powers were consolidated by President Jimmy Carter to incorporate: The National Security Act of 1947, which allows for the strategic relocation of industries, services, government and other essential economic activities, and to rationalize the requirements for manpower, resources and production facilities; The 1950 Defense Production Act, which gives the President sweeping powers over all aspects of the economy; The Act of August 29, 1916, which authorizes the Secretary of the Army, in time of war, to take possession of any transportation system for transporting troops, material, or any other purpose related to the emergency; and The International Emergency Economic Powers Act, which enables the President to seize the property of a foreign country or national. These powers were transferred to FEMA in a sweeping consolidation in 1979."  (http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/hardtruth/fema_executive_orders.htm)
For the first time in American history, the reigns of government would not be transferred from one elected element to another, but the Constitution, itself, can be suspended.  (http://www.meta-religion.com/Secret_societies/Groups/FEMA/fema.htm)
/govdocs/19981223_govdoc_index_exe.asp Index of Executive Orders, Beginning December 30, 1992], WorldNetDaily website.
Concentration Camps: Rex 84
* Mary Louise, "Plans for Civilian Internment: Stalag 17 American Style," (http://www.tedgunderson.com/Articles/Plans%20for%20Civilian%20Internment.htm) TedGunderson.com, undated.
* Carl Jensen, "Civilian Detention Camps," (http://www.pbnnews.4mg.com/articles/civdc.html) PBN News, undated.
* FEMA and Rex 84 (http://uweb.txstate.edu/~lf14/conspire/rex84.html), Texas State University web, undated.
* John O. Edwards, "FEMA Preparing for Mass Destruction Attacks on Cities," (http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2002/7/14/214727.shtml) NewsMax, July 15, 2002: FEMA "has already notified vendors, contractors and consultants that it needs to be prepared to handle the logistics of aiding millions of displaced Americans who will flee from urban areas that may be attacked. ... The agency plans to create emergency, makeshift cities that could house hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of Americans who may have to flee their urban homes if their cities are attacked." Draft FEMA Bid Notice (http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2002/8/6/182408.shtml) posted by NewsMax.
* Niraj Warakoo, "Rights panelist foresees internment push. Arabs tell of abuses," (http://www.prisonplanet.com/news_alert_072002_camps1.html) Knight Ridder News Service, July 20, 2002.
* James Ridgeway, "Ethics, Ethnics Both Under Fire. The Martial Plan," (http://www.villagevoice.com/news/0230,ridgeway,36779,6.html) Village Voice, July 24-30, 2002.
* Ritt Goldstein, "Foundations are in place for martial law in the US," (http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2002/07/27/1027497418339.html?oneclick=true) Sydney Morning Herald (Australia), July 27, 2002.
* Christopher Ruddy, "FEMA’s Plan for Mass Destruction Attacks: Of Course It’s True," (http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2002/8/6/183147.shtml) NewsMax, August 7, 2002.
* Jonathan Turley, "Camps for Citizens: Ashcroft's Hellish Vision. Attorney general shows himself as a menace to liberty," (http://www.truthout.org/docs_02/08.15B.ashcr.camps.htm) Los Angeles Times (Truthout), August 14, 2002.
* Anita Ramasastry, "FindLaw Forum: Why Ashcroft's plan to create internment camps for alleged enemy combatants is wrong," (http://archives.cnn.com/2002/LAW/08/columns/fl.ramasastry.detainees/) CNN, September 4, 2002.
* "Camps for Citizens: Ashcroft's Hellish Vision," (http://www.prisonplanet.com/081402camps.html) Los Angeles Times (prisonplanet.com), August 14, 2002.
* Nat Hentoff, "General Ashcroft's Detention Camps. Time to Call for His Resignation," (http://villagevoice.com/news/0236,hentoff,38006,6.html) Village Voice, September 4-10, 2002.
* "Concentration Camps in Okanagon County?" (http://www.kxly.com/common/getStory.asp?id=26857) KXLY News (Spokane, Washington), February 27, 2003.
* "FEMA Concentration Camps: Locations and Executive Orders," (http://utah.indymedia.org/news/2003/07/5561.php) Utah Indymedia, July 26, 2003. Scroll down the article for state-by-state listing of camps' locations.
* "FEMA Concentration Camps: Locations and Executive Orders," (http://www.mindfully.org/Reform/2004/FEMA-Concentration-Camps3sep04.htm) Friends of Liberty (The Awakening News), September 3, 2004 (update).
* Jennifer Loven, "Bush considers using military against avian flu outbreak," (http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2005-10-04-bush-avianflu_x.htm) Associated Press (USA Today), October 4, 2005.
Specific to a Flu Outbreak
* Bush Administration Plan for Flu Outbreaks
* "Bush military bird flu role slammed," (http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/10/05/bush.reax/) CNN, October 5, 2005: "A call by President George W. Bush for Congress to give him the power to use the military in law enforcement roles in the event of a bird flu pandemic has been criticized as akin to introducing martial law."
* David Brown, "Military's Role in a Flu Pandemic. Troops Might Be Used to 'Effect a Quarantine,' Bush Says," (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/10/04/AR2005100400681.html?nav=rss_health) Washington Post, October 5, 2005.
* Mike Whitney, "Martial Law and the advent of the Supreme Executive," (http://www.uruknet.info/?p=m16481&l=i&size=1&hd=0) uruknet, October 6, 2005.
* FM 3-19.40 (formerly FM 19-40). Military Police Internment/Resettlement Operations (http://www.gaianxaos.com/SpecialReports_files/fm3-19-40.pdf), Headquarters, Department of the Army, August 1, 2001. Includes sections on "Protection of Captives and Detainees" and "Protection of Enemy Prisoners of War and Civilian Internees" as they pertain to a military operation. Another copy (http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/3-19-40/) posted on Global Security website.
* "Declaration of National Emergency by Reason Of Certain Terrorist Attacks," (http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2001/09/20010914-4.html) By the President of the United States of America, September 14, 2001: "This proclamation is not intended to create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law by a party against the United States, its agencies, its officers, or any person."
* Army Regulation 210–35. Installations. Civilian Inmate Labor Program (http://www.army.mil/usapa/epubs/pdf/r210_35.pdf), Headquarters, Department of the Army, Washington, DC, January 14, 2005: "This regulation provides guidance for establishing and managing civilian inmate labor programs on Army installations. It provides guidance on establishing prison camps on Army installations. It addresses recordkeeping and reporting incidents related to the Civilian Inmate Labor Program and/or prison camp administration."
Other Articles & Commentary
* FEMA Executive Orders (http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/hardtruth/fema_executive_orders.htm), The Forbidden Knowledge, undated.
* Andrew and Berit Kjos, "Re-Inventing Federalism. How Executive Order 13132 lays the foundation for a global management system," (http://www.crossroad.to/text/articles/Federalism8-99.html) Crossroads, August 1999.
* Tanya L. Green, J.D., "Executive Orders. A Blueprint for Dictatorship?" (http://www.millennium-ark.net/News_Files/Exec.Orders/EOs.Blueprint.for.dictator.html) Millenium-Ark.net, March 30, 2000.
* John O. Edwards, "Gen. Franks Doubts Constitution Will Survive WMD Attack," (http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2003/11/20/185048.shtml) NewsMax, November 21, 2003.
* "Forget Osama and Abu: We are Threatened by the Black Helicopter Crowd," (http://sf.indymedia.org/news/2005/04/1713520.php) SF Indymedia, April 21, 2005.
* Bradley Graham, War Plans Drafted To Counter Terror Attacks in U.S. - Domestic Effort Is Big Shift for Military (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/08/07/AR2005080700843.html), Washington Post, August 8, 2005.
* pessimist, "Ratlines Over the Side," (http://www.theleftcoaster.com/archives/005815.php) The Left Coaster, October 23, 2005.
Main Page -
Message Board by American Patriot Friends Network [APFN]
APFN MESSAGEBOARD ARCHIVES