Henk RuyssenaarsRumsfeld: "can't account for, some $2.6 trillion''Mon Jan 9, 2006 14:29
HOW MANY ARE REALLY KILLED? - URL.: http://tinyurl.com/cxgwn
RUMSFELD CAN'T ACCOUNT FOR, SOME $2.6 TRILLION...
Maybe it's your lucky day because I have a tip if you need cash: help Rumsfeld find the trillions ''he can't account for, some $2.6 trillion'' as described in the "Testimony before the House Appropriations Committee: Fiscal Year 2002 Defense Budget Request"
Quote: "As Given by Secretary of Defense Donald H. Rumsfeld, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General Hugh Shelton, and Comptroller Dov Zakheim, Rayburn House Office Building, Washington, DC, Monday, July 16, 2001.
There are all kinds of long- standing rules and regulations about what you can do and what you can't do. I know Dr. Zakheim's been trying to hire CPAs because the financial systems of the department are so snarled up that we can't account for some $2.6 trillion in transactions that exist, if that's believable. And yet we're told that we can't hire CPAs to help untangle it in many respects." - [endquote]
DoD - Transcript - Url.: http://www.dod.gov/speeches/2001/s20010716-secdef2.html
Let's hope you find some much needed money there :-)
P.S.: Asked an American penpal: "A friend asked me today if I had any idea of how many American soldiers have been killed in Iraq. Do you know?"
HOW MANY ARE REALLY KILLED? - URL.: http://tinyurl.com/cxgwn
P.M.: Pentagon OKs Device To Play Taps
CONCERNS: "THERE ARE NO RESOURCES AVAILABLE TO INSURE A LIVE BUGLER FOR EVERY MILITARY FUNERAL".
Associated Press - September 5, 2003 - WASHINGTON - Chronically short of musicians for military funerals, the Pentagon has approved the use of a push button bugle that plays taps by itself as the operator holds it to his lips.
Only some 500 buglers are on active duty on any one day, but about 1,800 people with military service die across the country each day and are eligible for honors ceremonies, Air Force Lt. Col. Cynthia Colin, a Pentagon spokeswoman, said Thursday.
So the Defense Department worked with private industry to invent the "ceremonial bugle," which has a small digital recording device inserted into its bell to play the music.
A member of the honor guard at the funeral simply presses a button on the device. A five-second delay gives the guards time to raise the instrument to their lips as if they are going to play it.
The vast majority of families endorsed its use in a six-month test from November to May in Missouri, where 50 prototypes were distributed to military units and others who provide funeral honors, such as veterans groups, the Pentagon said in a statement Wednesday night. Based on the test, use of the instrument was approved by Principal Deputy Under Secretary Charles S. Abell.
A real bugler still will be used when available. Otherwise, the family of the deceased service member will be offered the ceremonial bugle as an alternative to prerecorded taps, often played on a boom box.
Use of the $500 instrument "is intended to enhance the dignity of military funeral honors," the Pentagon said.
Also, it plays "an exceptionally high-quality rendition of taps that is virtually indistinguishable from a live bugler," the Pentagon said.
The military has been struggling for years to cope with its shortage of musicians for funerals. Families of honorably discharged veterans are entitled to a two-person uniformed funeral honor guard, the folding and presentation of the U.S. flag and a rendition of taps.
Congress passed a law that took effect in January 2000 and allows a recorded version of taps using audio equipment if a live horn player is not available. Officials say the push-button bugle is a dignified alternative because the visual effect of a guard playing the instrument is better than taps played on a stereo or compact disc player.
[andend] Original story at Url.: http://tinyurl.com/md0r
FOREIGN PRESS FOUNDATION
Editor: Henk Ruyssenaars
* MSNBC - Live Vote: Do you believe President Bush's actions justifyimpeachment? - Url.: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10562904/
* "Today Americans would be outraged if U.N. troops entered Los Angeles to restore order; tomorrow they will be grateful." - Henry Kissinger speaking at Evian, France, May 21, 1992 Bilderburgers meeting. Unbeknownst to Kissinger, his speech was taped by a Swiss delegate to the meeting.
* And global warcriminal Henry Kissinger and his ilk succeeded, but nobody apart from 'them' was 'grateful'. On the contrary: own US troops - even with tanks - appeared in the streets of Los Angeles: against anti-war protesters! - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/7qh65
* 'American Military Personnel - Know Why You're Being Sacrificed' - by Robert L. Johnson: "When I joined the United States Marines in September of 1973, I swore an oath..." - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/75pl3
* 'The war in Iraq is illegal' - BBC: video & text-interview of the United Nation's Secretary General Kofi Annan - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/5pl2v
* "People do not forget. They do not forget the death of their fellows, they do not forget torture and mutilation, they do not forget injustice, they do not forget oppression, they do not forget the terrorism of mighty powers. They not only don't forget: they also strike back." - 2005 Nobel Literature Prize winner Harold Pinter - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/9cyeq
* Reference guide to the Geneva Conventions - Url.: http://www.genevaconventions.org
* Al Qaeda – The Database - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/cqx69
* The 9/11 WTC drama was PNAC terror - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/9np7d - It was an inside job - Google - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/7tj9d
* 'Anti-Semitism' - The Provocative Accusation - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/8z6gd
* Who's financing? - The 'Federal Reserve' and it's usurers is the absolute biggest crime against all humanity ever. - Url.: http://www.apfn.org/apfn/reserve.htm
* NWO letter: ''we can cancel your credit or freeze your accounts'' - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/cjo7l
* The infamous US 'Lie Factory' - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/8ncal
* Help all the troops - of whatever nationality - to come back from abroad! - AND WITH ALL THEIR WEAPONS, WHICH WE WERE FORCED TO PAY FOR BY TAXES - [http://www.apfn.org/apfn/reserve.htm ] - We need them badly at home in many countries to fight with us against our so called 'governments' and their malignant managers - Url.: http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/
FPF-COPYRIGHT NOTICE - In accordance with Title 17 U. S. C. Section 107 - any copyrighted work in this message is distributed by the Foreign Press Foundation under fair use, without profit or payment, to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the information. Url.: http://liimirror.warwick.ac.uk/uscode/17/107.html
Main Page - Tuesday, 01/10/06
Message Board by American Patriot Friends Network [APFN]
APFN MESSAGEBOARD ARCHIVES