FPF-fwd.: Dahr JamailMr. "Bring ‘em on" - 2001 US Dead in IraqThu Oct 27, 2005 12:1518.104.22.168
Mr. “Bring ‘em on”
Dahr Jamail's Iraq Dispatches
Yesterday while speaking to a group of military wives in Washington, Mr. Bush said, “This war will require more sacrifice, more time and more resolve.”
Of course this speech of pre-emptive consolation to the news of the 2,000th death was not in vain, as the announcement came but a few hours after his speech at the air force base.
I wonder how many of those military wives recall what Mr. Bush said 1,794 dead US soldiers ago when he proudly announced, “Bring ‘em on” back on July 2, 2003?
Of course Mr. Bush went off yesterday about spreading freedom and laying foundations for peace as the bombs continue to drop in Iraq. He even went so far as to claim that Abu Musab al-Zarqawi is the head of the Iraqi resistance.
“Each loss of life is heartbreaking,” he told the wives. But how would he know? A person who was a deserter during Vietnam and who would never allow his daughters to serve in Iraq, how could he know?
So now we continue the death march towards the 3,000 mark, with the announcement of another dead US soldier bringing the official tally to 2,001. With 159,000 US soldiers in Iraq now (remember when it was 138,000?) the tally will only continue to grow.
YET THE NUMBER OF DEAD US SOLDIERS STILL PALES IN COMPARISON TO THE NUMBER OF IRAQIS DYING, INCLUDING IRAQI POLICE AND SOLDIERS.*
Even today two Iraqi policemen (IP) were killed in Ramadi when their police station was attacked, while in the “model city” of Fallujah, three IP’s were killed by a roadside bomb.
Also today, four gagged and bound bodies of three Iraqis wearing army uniforms and one of a contractor working with a US company were found with gunshots in their heads and chests.
Mr. Bush* uses one of his favorite words, “resolve,” despite the fact that two days ago one of the largest suicide bombings to occur in Baghdad detonated between the Palestine and Sheraton hotels. The bomb, transported inside a cement truck, was carefully driven through a hole in the perimeter concrete barrier which was created by a car bomb just minutes earlier.
PENTHOUSE OF THE SHERATON IS USED BY 'CONTRACTORS' AND CIA OPERATIVES
Reported in most major media outlets as an attack against journalists, what wasn’t reported is that there is a large number of security contractors (read-mercenaries) who use these hotels, and it is well known in Baghdad that the penthouse of the Sheraton is used by contractors and CIA operatives. That very room has been the target of rocket attacks as far back as December, 2003.
JOURNALISTS WERE EXPLOITED
Thus, aside from targeting the US government-funded Al-Hurra TV station and the Fox propaganda outlet in the 18-story Palestine Hotel, journalists were exploited by the attack which generated massive media attention.
Killing at least 17 people, the attack sent a very clear message to the occupiers of Iraq-nowhere is safe; even in one of the most heavily guarded hotel complexes in Baghdad they are completely vulnerable.
The idea of political stability seems more of a pipe dream in Iraq now than it did before the recent vote on the constitution, which has been rejected by Arab Sunni leaders who called the process “fraudulent” yesterday.
Hinting at things to come in December, Sunni leader Saleh Mutlaq told reporters; “Violence is not the only solution, if politics offers solutions so that we can move in that direction. But there is very little hope that we can make any gains in the elections.” - [FPF - Iraq voting is illegal - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/84nsz]
Hussein al-Falluji, another prominent Sunni politician said the referendum was manipulated by Washington and added, “We all know that this referendum was fraud conducted by an electoral commission that is not independent. It is controlled by the occupying Americans and it should step down before elections in December.”
He and other Sunnis have called for a truly independent election commission (the head of Iraq’s current electoral commission was appointed by the US) for the December election, but added, “Politics is linked directly to security on the ground. The situation can only get worse now. I have just prayed to God to expose the truth about what is happening in Iraq.”
What will it take for a US withdrawal? Because with this “administration” in power, there is a guaranteed three more years of occupation in Iraq; and by then, 2,000 dead US soldiers will not seem like such a large number.
[ENDITEM] - VISIT THE DAHR JAMAIL IRAQ WEBSITE HTTP://DAHRJAMAILIRAQ.COM
More writing, commentary, photography, pictures and images at http://dahrjamailiraq.com
FOREIGN PRESS FOUNDATION
Editor : Henk Ruyssenaars
MAIN$TREAM MEDIA MAKE MORONS!
* *The Dutch author this far has worked abroad for international media for more than 4 decades as a fully independent foreign correspondent, of which 10 years - also during Gulf War I - in the Arab World and the Middle East. Seeing worldwide that every bullet and every bomb breeds more terrorism.
* The Nuremberg principles: "Any person who commits an act which constitutes a crime under international law is responsible therefor and liable to punishment." - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/byurp
* 'The war in Iraq is illegal' - BBC: video & text-interview of the United Nation's Secretary General Kofi Annan - Url.:http://tinyurl.com/5pl2v
* The leaked 'Downing Street Memos' expose the criminal lies by the gang of war criminals like Bush, Blair, Berlusconi (It.) Balkenende (NL) - their collaborating media and other malignant ilk - Url.: http://www.downingstreetmemo.com/
* MSNBC - Poll: Ninety-four (94) percent believes that George Bush and the neocon media mislead the nation to go to war with Iraq - Url.: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8248969/
* ''The Lancet'' and the ''Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health'' report: ''Over 100.000 killed in the illegal Iraq war''-Url.: http://tinyurl.com/5gys7
* Bush interview. ABC: No WMD's but many killed: "It was worth it" - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/6bal9
* Former Secr. of State Madeleine Albright in her comment on half a million dead children in Iraq: "We think it's worth it" On CBS 60' Minutes - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/2vmc8
* The must-see three-part BBC Documentary, "The Power of Nightmares," puts it bluntly: "Al-Qaeda is a (neocon) myth." - See Url.: http://tinyurl.com/6jgru
* In Indonesia they steal millions, making and 'fighting' their own terror - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/cq36f
* Wayne Madsen: ''What has Israel to do with 9/11?'' - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/bj754 - 'American neocons' - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/b5vsb - The US Federal Reserve and the private banks owning it - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/d3ntq
* Are their Corporate News Media Incompetent, Criminally Negligent or Complicit? - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/cqpfe
* Brainwashed? - Take the free 'Gullibility Factor' test to find out if you're really a mind slave, or not - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/cbgnc
* Colin Powell: 'It is not anti-Semitic to criticize the policies of the state of Israel' - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/22p6c
* Neoconservatism as a Jewish Movement - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/5k7vx
* American car magnate Henry Ford investigated 85 years ago the global problem - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/2xz35
* Help all the troops of whatever nationality to come back from abroad! We need them badly at home in many countries - AND WITH ALL THEIR WEAPONS, WHICH WE PAID FOR BY TAXES - to fight with us against our so called 'governments' and their malignant managers - Url.: http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/
* The World Can't Wait! - Drive out the neocons and their 'Bush Regime' - Mobilize for November 2, 2005! - Url.: http://www.worldcantwait.org/
FPF-COPYRIGHT NOTICE - In accordance with Title 17 U. S. C. Section 107 - any copyrighted work in this message is distributed by the Foreign Press Foundation under fair use, without profit or payment, to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the information. Url.: http://liimirror.warwick.ac.uk/uscode/17/107.html