Henk Ruyssenaars + Los Angeles TimesJustice: Life for leaders of Argentina's brutal dirty warFri Apr 27, 2007 15:21
Hundreds of human rights cases against former politicians, police and military officials now are pending before judges all over the world. US and collaborating war criminals better beware: there are many warrants out for their arrests. In Argentine today Videla and Massera were sentenced to life terms in a case known as the "Argentine Nuremberg." The human principles of Nuremberg prevail. Not the US junta's: "Might makes Right."
Conc.: Life for leaders of Argentina's brutal dirty war
FPF - Europe - April 27th 2007 - Remember when the Chilean dictator Augusto Pinochet was arrested in England? And only after a long time of anxiety by corrupt judges could be allowed home again as an 'invalid'?
And do you know that internationally infamous criminals like Bush, Kissinger, Cheney, Rice and all similar war criminals of whatever nationality have to be very careful where to travel? Because there are lots of warrants out for their arrests, in all 199 countries surrounding the US/UK junta and where their nefarious influence is seen as inhuman and criminal, which it of course is. That's why the US State Department has 'travel warnings' for US Americans and those who collaborate with those war criminals all over the world. They can't go anywhere soon, that's what this US junta did for the US and it's collaborators. It's a world which has become very small for the criminals. As small as a prison cell...
THOSE HUMANO¤DS DOING THIS TO HUMANITY HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO DECENCY.
So actually there's a lot of good news for people looking for justice: there are hundreds and hundreds of war criminals like Pinochet and others which are either dead or in court. Their shame will last forever. Not only in Argentine, but in many countries like Chile, Spain, CIA criminals must show up in court in Italy, and many more examples one never reads about in the media because the despicable but punishable warmongers own them.
For instance in The Netherlands many human beings with decency and the right feeling for human justice are working day and night to get all war criminals and their collaborators into court, which have dragged the Dutch and other people along in the US junta's war machine's trail of death and destruction. The whole Iraq and Afghanistan crimes will be on the tables, and those vile criminals will forever bear the shame. So will their friends and family which did not stop them. They are guilty by association.
For the war crimes in former Yugoslavia the ex so called 'labour' PM Wim Kok - a traitor if one ever saw one - and other war criminals already have been forced to give testimony in court. When one of them - a Labour stooge and ex-parliamentarian speaker called Jeltje van Nieuwenhoven in her usual stupid arrogance said 'she wouldn't appear' - the judge told her he would send the police for her if she didn't show up.
She and the other criminals appeared, and the very second justice in Holland is reality again, those people will go to jail for life too. And this is what can and will be done: all war criminals - whatever they say or claim - must appear in honest courts, get a fair trial and than disappear - with the absolutely revolting propagandists in their media - for life in jail. With hard labour if possible. This is how the former Dutch PM looked like when in court - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/662pp
And when the Los Angeles Times - which since half a year belongs to 'them' - today publishes a story like this, it is a thundering 'shot before the bow' of the war criminals and those who have betrayed humanity: we will take revenge!
The war criminals will go to jail for the rest of their rotten life because they have betrayed humanity!
THAT'S ONE OF THE REASONS WHY ALSO THE LOS ANGELES TIMES HAS TO PRINT IT:
LIFE FOR LEADERS OF ARGENTINA'S BRUTAL DIRTY WAR
Los Angeles Times - Patrick McDonnell
Buenos Aires - April 27, 2007 - Two aging leaders of Argentina's former military junta must serve life terms in prison for "grave violations of human rights," a court ruled after throwing out pardons that had shielded the pair for years.
The former president, Jorge Rafael Videla, and the naval chief, Eduardo Massera, were pivotal members of the military junta that oversaw a reign of terror during the "dirty war" between 1976 and 1983 against left-wing "subversives." Both now 81, they were the best-known faces of the dictatorship.
But Wednesday's ruling against them may be largely symbolic, since Videla is already under house arrest on charges related to the theft of hundreds of babies from murdered prisoners. Massera has been declared mentally incompetent after suffering a brain hemorrhage and is said to be in a near-vegetative state.
Even so, human rights activists applauded the ruling as the latest step in finally punishing the abusers. "This restores the route to justice and democracy," said Andrea Pochak of the Centre for Legal and Social Studies, a human rights group that has followed dirty war cases. "It is a gesture of vital importance for the future."
About 9000 people were killed or disappeared during the dictatorship, according to official statistics, although human rights groups say the number was closer to 30,000.
DUMPED IN THE OCEAN FROM MILITARY AIRCRAFT
Many bodies were never recovered, the victims were often tortured, shot and buried in mass graves, or drugged and dumped in the ocean from military aircraft. The brutality of the junta set a dark standard at a time when military regimes governed much of South America. The court ruling illustrates how Argentina, under the leadership of its centre-left President, Nestor Kirchner, has moved more forcefully than any Latin American nation to make the leaders of former military governments answer for the crimes they committed.
Mr Kirchner, who sat out much of the dictatorship in the relative safety of his native Patagonia, has said that "only God" can issue pardons and has pressed for the revocation of various amnesties and pardons approved under previous governments.
[Mr. Kirchner has NOT 'sat out' the dictatorship: he was himself maltreated a couple of times by the Videla mafia. Now he's fighting for his life: the global banks on one hand and Chavez of Venezuela helping him. But the banking mafia has him by some very essential male parts. Let's see who wins or gets castrated. - HR]
Hundreds of human rights cases against former police and military officials now are pending before judges in Argentina. Videla and Massera were prosecuted and sentenced to life terms in a case known as the "Argentine Nuremberg" following the country's return to democracy after the 1982 Falklands War.
Both were convicted in connection with dozens of cases of murder, torture and the illegal jailing of suspects. They received life terms and went to prison in 1985.
Five years later, President Carlos Menem granted controversial pardons clearing the pair, along with other accused abusers. But the latest ruling has labeled their pardons as unconstitutional.
No pardon was ever granted for the illicit baby trade, which involved placing the orphaned children of the slain with "good" parents, often military and police families.
Videla's lawyers are likely to argue their elderly client should remain under house arrest the charges relating to the baby trade, while the latest ruling is appealed to the Supreme Court.
[andend] - Los Angeles Times story - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/ynjt6u
FPF - RELATED LINKS:
* EX-ARGENTINE DICTATOR TO STAND TRIAL FOR BABY THEFT - Url.: http://www.cemab.be/news/2007/04/3573.php
* ARGENTINA: COURT CHECKS RAPES AND STOLEN BABIES - Url.: http://disc.server.com/discussion.cgi?disc=234999;article=1300;title=APFN%20MESSAGE%20BOARD
* JORGE ZORREGUIETA HAS SPOKEN WITH THE 'PRINCE' ABOUT THE HISTORY OF ARGENTINA. - Url.: http://www.nettyroyal.nl/newsdec01.html
* BEATRIX C.S. VISITS ARGENTINA - SIN VERG▄ENZA! - Without shame! - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/gbzat
* 'PRINCESS' M┴XIMA HAS THIRD DAUGHTER - Tuesday 10 April 2007 - Url.: http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2007/04/princess_maxima_has_third_daughter.php
* YOU HAVE TO KEEP IN MIND THAT 'THE ECONOMIST' IS ONE OF THE HOUSE ORGANS - LIKE THE FIN. TIMES - WHICH IS PUBLISHED BY THE GROUP DOING THIS: ''Slaking a thirst for justice'' - April 12th 2007 - BUENOS AIRES AND SANTIAGO - Url.: http://www.economist.com/world/la/PrinterFriendly.cfm?story_id=9017531
* BIOGRAPHY OF M┴XIMA ZORREGUIETA - Url.: http://www.nettyroyal.nl/maxima.html
* HR & ZORREGUIETA - GOOGLE SELECTION - DUTCH AND ENGLISH - Url.: http://images.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=%22Henk+Ruyssenaars%22+%2BZorreguieta
* THE BUSH FAMILY AND HITLER: THE DUTCH CONNECTION - Url.: http://www.rense.com/general26/dutch.htm
* ELECTRONIC CONTROL IS SLAVE TRADE - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/ym4777
* THROW OUT WAR PROPAGANDISTS LIKE THE BBC, FOX, CNN ETC.! - Url.: http://www.cemab.be/news/2006/07/1632.php
* BILDERBERG & PLANNING: THE PROPAGANDISTS KEEP THE MYTH CONCERNING THE US MADE 'AL QAEDA' ALIVE SO THE US/UK/NATO JUNTA CAN GO ON USING WARS AND TERROR FOR THEIR SICK EMPIRE. - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/2y774j
* Henk R. is a journalist who has been declared 'Persona non Grata' by five 'governments' in East and West. This far he has lived and worked abroad - never in an English speaking country - for more than 4 decades for international media, but always as an independent foreign correspondent. Of which 10 years - also covering Gulf War I - in the Arab World and the Middle East. Seeing worldwide that every bullet and every bomb breeds more resistance against the inhuman US junta's war machine and its global terror!
* FPF-COPYRIGHT NOTICE - In accordance with Title 17 U. S. C. Section 107 - any copyrighted work in this message is distributed by the Foreign Press Foundation under fair use, without profit or payment, to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the information. Url.: http://liimirror.warwick.ac.uk/uscode/17/107.html
* BEROEPSVERBOD EN ACHTERGROND VAN H.J.J.M. RUYSSENAARS (DUTCH) - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/2betsx
FOREIGN PRESS FOUNDATION
Editor: Henk Ruyssenaars
Main Page - Monday, 05/02/07
Message Board by American Patriot Friends Network [APFN]
APFN MESSAGEBOARD ARCHIVES