Freedoms PhoenixWhen mass killers meet armed resistance.Tue Apr 17, 2007 22:57
Wednesday, April 18, 2007
When mass killers meet armed resistance.
It took place at a university in Virginia. A student with a grudge, an immigrant, pulled a gun and went on a shooting spree. It wasn’t Virginia Tech at all. It was the Appalachian School of Law in Grundy, not far away. You can easily drive from the one school to the other, just take a trip down Route 460 through Tazewell.
It was January 16, 2002 when Peter Odighizuwa came to campus. He had been suspended due to failing grades. Odighizuwa was angry and waving a gun calling on students to “come get me”. The students, seeing the gun, ran. A shooting spree started almost immediately. In seconds Odighizuwa had killed the school dean, a professor and one student. Three other students were shot as well, one in the chest, one in the stomach and one in the throat.
Many students heard the shots. Two who did were Mikael Gross and Tracy Bridges. Mikael was outside the school having just returned to campus from lunch when he heard the shots. Tracy was inside attending class. Both immediately ran to their cars. Each had a handgun locked in the vehicle.
Bridges pulled a .357 Magnum pistol and he later said he was prepared to shoot to kill if necessary. He and Gross both approached Odighizuwa at the same time from different directions. Both were pointing their weapons at him. Bridges yelled for Odighizuwa to drop his weapon. When the shooter realized they had the drop on him he threw his weapon down. A third student, unarmed, Ted Besen, approached the killer and was physically attacked.
- Virginia Tech Shooter's Girlfriend Identied Robert Lindsay, Tue Apr 17 11:30
- Virginia Tech Shooting 'Oddities' Virginia Tech Shooting 'Oddities', Wed Apr 18 01:18
- Virginia Tech School Shooting Caught on Camera YouTube, Tue Apr 17 11:57
- Virginia Tech shootings Jon Roland, Tue Apr 17 14:00
- Neo-Cons To Spin VA Massacre As Terrorist Attack ACHTUNG777, Wed Apr 18 15:44
- Re: Virginia Shooting Ron, Tue Apr 17 14:07
- Why You Should Own a Gun By Alan Caruba, Tue Apr 17 15:52
Main Page - Wednesday, 04/18/07
Message Board by American Patriot Friends Network [APFN]
APFN MESSAGEBOARD ARCHIVES