Special to The BRAD BLOGby Libby/CIA Leak Trial Correspondent Margie BurnsThu Feb 1, 2007 22:44
[UPDATED] Brad to Guest Host Peter B. Collins Show LIVE from Phoenix Thursday & Friday
Friday Show Will Be Live Townhall Forum on Arizona (and National) Election Integrity Issues!
Come on by if in Phoenix Area! Otherwise, Listen Up!
INTERVIEW: MARGIE BURN...
Libby's FBI interview, from testimony
FBI interviewed Libby in the CIA leak matter Oct. 12, 2003
Libby learned about Joe Wilson's wife from VP Cheney, but later forgot
*** Special to The BRAD BLOG
*** by Libby/CIA Leak Trial Correspondent Margie Burns
Always bearing in mind that so far only the government has presented in U.S. v. Libby – the defense will begin next week, probably Wednesday or so – the government’s chronology of events looks pretty solid to date.
Today Deborah Bond, now the FBI case agent for the CIA leak matter, recounted in a low-key and organized point-by-point under government questioning how Libby responded to questions in his first FBI interview, October 12, 2003.
Shorn of editorializing and condensed for brevity, here was the substance of Libby’s statement to the FBI:
• Libby said that he had learned that Mrs. Wilson worked for the CIA in a telephone conversation with Vice President Cheney on about June 12, 2003;
• He said the call had been made in reference to an upcoming newspaper article by WashPost reporter Walter Pincus;
• Libby said that he later forgot he had been told this information by the VP;
• He said he recalled this item only when he found the note of this phone call with the date 06-12-03 inserted on it by him;
• Libby also stated that he did not know the name Joe Wilson at that time.
--- Click here for REST OF STORY!... ---
2/1/007 Radio Your Way...
LEAKGATE INFO AND LINKS:
- Warming 'Likely' Man-Made, UNSTOPPABLE By SETH BORENSTEIN, Fri Feb 2 15:34
Main Page -
Message Board by American Patriot Friends Network [APFN]
APFN MESSAGEBOARD ARCHIVES