Grandmothers for Peace InternationalMon Jan 15, 2007 12:14
Grandmothers for Peace International
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.
Indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.” — Margaret Mead
Grandmothers Against the War
Several pages about Grandmothers Against the War, the New York City affiliate of Grandmothers for Peace, have been added to the site. These include details and pictures of the weekly vigil they hold in front of Rockefeller Center, an article about them that appeared in the New York Times, and an account of their smash April musical performance for Freedom Follies (produced by Theatres Against War) — including the lyrics to their original song written by Joan Wile. (more)
Rep. Ron Paul -
He might be this country's last chance for a real Constitutional Republic
Why to vote for Ron Paul and support him as this country's best hope of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness:
1. He is not swayed, as are the Corporate Democrats and Republicans by special interest groups like military contractors and the big oil companies - He is truly a man of the people and he loves the constitution of the United States. Ron Paul is not an elitist corporate puppet, he represents everything that made this country great.
2. He is against US involvement is unnecessary Wars.
3. He will protect all of our constitutional rights including the most sacred right of all - the right of self-defense - He has the only perfect score from the Gun Owners of America organization for his voting record in congress.
4. He will make sure this country does not continue down its path of becoming a total police state but unlike George Bush, he will rigorously defend our borders.
5. He wants to abolish the IRS and return to the era of prosperity and fairness by returning this country to the gold and silver standard instead of having a handful of private stockholders of the private Federal Reserve Bank printing money at will and manipulating our economy. This will be the return of Sound Banking Practices instead of fractional fiat banking which our Founding Fathers continuously warned us about.
6. He is a Vietnam veteran - he is a doctor who served as flight surgeon in the Vietnam war - not like some of these phony veterans that you see prancing around Washington D.C. on the news all the time.
7. According to the Associated Press , "Paul bills himself as "The Taxpayers' Best Friend," and is routinely ranked either first or second in the House by the National Taxpayers Union, a national group advocating low taxes and limited government."
8. "Here is another area where Ron Paul shines because he is a pro-American patriot. He loves this country and what it has stood for freedom, private property, rule of law, no intervention in other countries' affairs and he wants it to stand for that again. He has been speaking out on the floor of Congress against the war and against the myriad restrictions on freedom that have been foisted on us by a political class in Washington that is largely hostile to the freedom of Americans."
9. John Berthoud, president of the National Taxpayers Union, an organization that promotes lower tax rates, has said, "Ron Paul has always proven himself to be a leader in the fight for taxpayer rights and fiscal responsibility... No one can match his record on behalf of taxpayers." He is frequently considered an advocate of small business. Jack Harris, president of the National Federation of Independent Business, has said, "Congressman Ron Paul is a true friend of small business....
10. Ron Paul will make sure American farmers can stay in business and compete with China.
11. Ron Paul will make sure you can buy vitamins without a prescription and he will make sure the government doesn't outlaw them - Ron Paul will fight for your freedom of choice
12. On January 11, 2007, Paul filed papers for an exploratory committee for the 2008 presidential race. This will increase his fund raising opportunities until his presumed eventual announcement. This first step of running for the Republican nomination is significant because he is not running as a Libertarian like he did nearly two decades ago. - Please realize that all of those pathetic hand-picked corporate sell-outs that the corporate media is going to give you as your only choices are NO GOOD - the media's corporate backers want you to believe that those phonies represent "the list of candidates" from which you are supposed to choose - please don't let them fool you this time - the fate of your country depends on it, the future of your family depends on it - Ron Paul is the only real candidate that will keep this country from getting into World War 3 (as UN weapons inspector for the Middle East Scott Ritter has predicted if we continue this war and attack Iran which is supported by Russia, China, and North Korea, all of whom have nuclear war heads)
Dr. Ron Paul is the only candidate that will defend our borders, and he is the only candidate that even cares about the constitution - this is it - right now - please do whatever you can do to help him win the nomination and the Presidency in 2008! He has a real chance of winning! No matter what party you subscribe to - Ron Paul is the right man for the job!
Please, don't just vote for him - get everybody you know to vote for him - this guy is the Braveheart of Washington D.C. - go out and campaign for him - Democrats, Republicans, Libertarians, The Constitution Party - it doesn't matter - Ron Paul is the best of the best - Please do anything and everything that you can do to elect Ron Paul as the next President of the United States.
Ron Paul's office has confirmed reports that the Texas Congressman is set to run for the 2008 Presidency. Paul unites opposition to the war and the police state at home across the entire political spectrum and in contrast to the current gaggle of criminals running the White House, represents everything that America truly stands for. A gargantuan effort in support of Ron Paul needs to be mobilized now to prevent Americans from being hoodwinked once again into electing a different puppet of the same dark establishment in 2008.
Paul first ran for President as the Libertarian candidate in 1988, receiving a massive 400,000 votes. He now commands the support of those all across the political spectrum, from libertarians through anti-war Democrats to real paleoconservative Republicans.
Paul has been in and out of Congress since the 70's and is universally hated by the Republican elite, who routinely back Democrats against him just to try and get him out of office. The former Vietnam flight surgeon is the perfect candidate for President and activists from every corner of every political persuasion should mobilize now in an attempt to help Paul shatter the power monopoly of the Republican and Democrat establishment who have worked together for decades to slit America's throat in the interests of power, greed, and ego - all working towards the realization of a new world order.
The Texan represents a dying breed in Congress, those who actually cast their votes in accordance with the Constitution and not at the discretion of lobbyists or the fear that the elite will tarnish their political careers if they don't continually support the establishment. As a result Ron Paul is the elite's worse nightmare, simply having him on the ticket itself will be a massive public relations blow, and that's why media organs will probably be activated to try and discredit him before 2008.
Paul was one of only a handful of Republicans to vote against the illegal invasion of Iraq, contending rightly that the Constitution clearly states that only Congress can declare war. In bucking a trend, Paul was anti-war long before the majority of the country came around to a similar way of thinking following the catastrophe of the occupation.
While Democrats soft-peddle and cozy up to Bush, creating phony arguments about the level of troop presence in Iraq and ignoring the majority will of the country to bring the troops home immediately, Ron Paul's opposition to unnecessary wars of intervention has remained steadfast throughout his entire political career.
If a gargantuan effort is made from now until the end of 2008 to heighten Paul's media profile and forward him as America's last hope, he truly has a significant chance of giving Jeb Bush, Rudy Giuliani or whichever elitist puppet the Republicans choose to put forward a real run for their money.
With the favor of the political landscape continually swinging away from the scam repeatedly run by the Republicrats and Democans, we should really start off on a positive footing and consider the fact that Ron Paul, though still an underdog, has a real chance of becoming the next President.
According to the Associated Press , "Paul bills himself as "The Taxpayers' Best Friend," and is routinely ranked either first or second in the House by the National Taxpayers Union, a national group advocating low taxes and limited government."
On every single issue of national importance - borders, the war, limited government, U.S. sovereignty, tax and the federal reserve - Ron Paul stands for populist ideals that the country is screaming out for after seven years of hell under Bush, preceded by eight years of disgrace under Bill Clinton.
Ron Paul voted against the Patriot Act, opposes the draft, advocates the abolition of the income tax, urges the re-introduction of the gold standard, and stands against initiatives to strip the U.S. of its sovereignty such as CAFTA and the FTAA.
Ron Paul has consistently upheld his commitment to civil liberties and slammed the militarized police state that Bush has created.
President Ron Paul could truly return America to the great nation it once was and his decision to run is an exciting development that we should all embrace and stand beside him in the fight to restore some form of dignity to the office of President that has been completely absent since the assassination of John F. Kennedy in 1963.
"Congressman Ron Paul is a dream candidate, a super patriot, a total Constitutionalist, an American hero."
"We must elect him President."
Some of Dr. Ron Paul's many supporters:
"We very badly need to have more Representatives in the House who understand in a principled way the importance of property rights and religious freedom for the preservation and extension of human freedom in general ...l wish you every success." --Dr. Milton Friedman, Nobel prize recipient, economics
"Ron Paul is one of the outstanding leaders fighting for a stronger national defense. As a former Air Force officer, he knows well the needs of our armed forces, and he always puts them first. We need to keep him fighting for our country." --U.S. President Ronald Reagan
"Rep. Paul has a record of philosophical consistency unmatched in recent congressional history. He seeks to limit government at practically every turn. His refusal to compromise is legendary." --John Brady and Bob McAdam, The Wall Street Journal
"Congressman Ron Paul is a true friend of small business... He is committed to a pro-small-business agenda of affordable health insurance, lower taxes, tort reform, and the elimination of burdensome mandates." -- Jack Farris, President, National Federation of Independent Businesses
"Ron Paul has always proven himself to be a leader in the fight for taxpayer rights and fiscal responsibility.. . No one can match his record on behalf of taxpayers." --John Berthoud, President, National Taxpayers Union Campaign Fund
"If there were such a thing as a Most Valuable Player award for politicians, I would nominate Rep. Ron Paul, a Texas Republican." --Charlie Reese, Nationally syndicated columnist
In October 1999, Congressional Quarterly placed Rep. Ron Paul on its list of "50 of the most effective l
Main Page - Tuesday, 01/16/07
Message Board by American Patriot Friends Network [APFN]
APFN MESSAGEBOARD ARCHIVES