Henk Ruyssenaars + AFPFitzgerald & Amin the "ape," people-eating blacksFri Oct 28, 2005 19:27126.96.36.199
Amin the "ape," people-eating blacks: Richard Nixon's Africa
FPF: IF THERE IS ANYBODY OUTSIDE OF THE US WHO THINKS THAT THE PEOPLE MANAGING THE POWER RIGHT NOW VIA THE US THINK OTHERWISE ABOUT YOU: FORGET IT! - YOU ARE EITHER PROFITABLE, OR DON'T EXIST.*
Especially - and I have worked enough years in Africa to know it - since Idi Amin was a CIA-product which became - like bin Laden as usual - a 'blowback'. - [http://tinyurl.com/3bytm]
The TV-film of the 'Western' white and short trousered 'businessmen' in the 'Business Club' in Uganda's capital Kampala, is never shown again, since the people - owning the media where it could be shown - were all involved. It was a disgrace for humanity to see all those greedy trade slaves drunkenly carrying 'Amin the Cannibal' around in a chair.
And they were all there: US, UK, Israeli, German, French, Dutch, Asian and all other crooks: the top fifty on the list of profiteers. All Africa 'old hands' know it, and most editors too. They all know that now Uganda is stillin the firm hands of the US companies thanks to Ugandan president Musaveni's collaboration. All mainstream media shut up about it, and are logically guilty by association. Like anybody else right now: all the cowards which shut up about Iraq and the legallity of it.
The US/UN invasion of Sudan's oil fields - with media fakes and the cover up by the UN so called 'peace troops' - got under way, when the man who wanted indepence and a fair share for the people in Sudan where the oil was, political leader John Garang, suddenly fell out of the sky. Garang and his close collaborators thought they were flying home above the thousand lakes and lushly green hilltops, after saying farewell to Musaveni and his 'spooks' in Kampala. [http://tinyurl.com/7a7px] - Garang, as ordered, never made it home; he did not fit the neocon picture.
I remember Musaveni telling me in Stockholm, Sweden, when I interviewed him there 20 years ago, that he wanted 'the Swedish model', meaning some form of democratic statehood. Not the 'Swedish Model', with two neocon families - Wallenberg and Bonnier - running the image/matrix of the country. The same media system by the way as we are subjected to in most of our 'western' countries. Who for instance knows what the US and allies did in Rwanda? And what for? - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/cdmt5
THE NAKED APES
Have a look how we, as Desmond Morris called us correctly ''the naked apes'' [http://tinyurl.com/3rfmb] are doing, and never forget: we in the so called 'developed countries' blame the people we have have maltreated for centuries for not being able to do what we have denied them to learn.
World news Prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald, at the globally broadcasted White House press conference about Libby, a court case that actually is about the genocidal behavior of the US neocons - without understanding what impact this has in so called Third World coutries, the victims of the IMF, World Bank etc. Fitzgerald said : "The guy who shined my shoes today told me...
It's no wonder that hardly anyone among African-Americans in a recently published poll trusts the US government with Bush and his advisers: too many of them have to shine shoes to stay alive. Guess how many are trying to survive on less than ONE dollar a day? Only TWO percent said they approved of Bush performance as president, the lowest level ever recorded in that category, NBC television reported. [http://tinyurl.com/7elvl]
So, when reading a story like the one below, you certainly must ask yourself: Why do they give me this information? To what side do they all of us want to look? What - now again - do they want me to believe? Who Profits?
Amin the "ape," people-eating blacks: Richard Nixon's Africa
Agence France Presse - Oct 27th - 2005 - Former president Richard Nixon considered Ugandan dictator Idi Amin an "ape" and mistrusted his own State Department as "always on the side of the blacks," according to documents made public this week.
The once-classified documents show Nixon and his national security adviser Henry Kissinger in raw form in dealing with African crises in 1972, including Uganda's mass expulsion of Asians and genocide in Burundi.
But for all of the rough language, the transcripts of phone conversations and other texts highlight the US reluctance to take a stand on atrocities committed by Amin's regime until US citizens were threatened.
And Kissinger made clear Washington's refusal to respond to the plight of tens of thousands of Asians expelled by Amin until after the November 7, 1972 US election that gave Nixon a second term.
In private, both Nixon and Kissinger showed unvarnished contempt for many of the players in Africa, from Amin to US State Department diplomats.
"Isn't it awful though... that this goddamn guy at the head of Uganda, Henry, is an ape," Nixon told Kissinger by telephone from his retreat at Camp David on September 24, 1972.
"He's an ape without education," Kissinger replied.
"He's a prehistoric monster," Nixon later chimed in.
Nixon thought little more of Kwame Nkrumah, the late father of Ghanaian independence and champion of the pan-African movement whom he dismissed as "that asshole."
The Republican leader went apoplectic when he learned his State Department was balking at providing assistance for thousands of Britons stranded and fearing massacre in Uganda.
"Screw State!" Nixon bellowed. "State's always on the side of the blacks. The hell with them!"
But 10 days earlier, in a meeting at the White House, Kissinger had little to say to a senior British delegation looking for help to resettle some of the Indians and Pakistanis brutally chased out of Amin's country.
"I believe we are looking to see if we can take any (action) but I am confident that we cannot take enough to help your problem," he said. "We are eager to avoid this issue before November 7."
A November 1, 1972 memorandum from Kissinger to Nixon stated bluntly that US interests in Uganda were limited to protecting American citizens and barring the Russians from having a free hand.
The pair were also left fulminating and frustrated by the 1972 slaughter of an estimated 150,000-200,000 Hutus in an outbreak of tribal violence in Burundi.
"I'm getting tired of this business of letting these Africans eat a hundred thousand people and do nothing about it," Nixon fumed in the September 24 phone call.
Kissinger, who was to win a Nobel Peace Prize [Yes, but - FPF- Url.: http://tinyurl.com/cyvfm] the next year for negotiating a ceasefire in the Vietnam War, endorsed the show of compassion that confounded "these bleeding hearts in this country who like to say we kill yellow people."
In the end, the United States did not do much more in Burundi than try to whip up international pressure to stop the killing, recall the US ambassador for consultations and provide 150,000 dollars in relief aid.
Nixon resigned the presidency in 1974 amid the Watergate scandal and died in 1994.
[enditem] - 2005 Agence France Presse - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/76dov
FOREIGN PRESS FOUNDATION
Editor : Henk Ruyssenaars
MAIN$TREAM MEDIA MAKE MORONS!
* *The Dutch author this far has worked abroad for international media for more than 4 decades, as a fully independent foreign correspondent, of which 10 years - also during Gulf War I - in the Arab World and the Middle East. Seeing worldwide that every bullet and every bomb breeds more terrorism.
* Our future: Apocalypse Now and the Brave New World - The most chilling story on why all this happens and who does it - url.: http://tinyurl.com/ax5zt
* The Nuremberg principles: "Any person who commits an act which constitutes a crime under international law is responsible therefor and liable to punishment." - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/byurp
* 'The war in Iraq is illegal' - BBC: video & text-interview of the United Nation's Secretary General Kofi Annan - Url.:http://tinyurl.com/5pl2v
* The leaked 'Downing Street Memos' expose the criminal lies by war criminals like Bush, Blair, Berlusconi(It.) Balkenende(NL) - their collaborating media and other malignant ilk - Url.:http://www.downingstreetmemo.com/
* MSNBC - Poll: Ninety-four (94) percent believes that George Bush and the neocon media mislead the nation to go to war with Iraq - Url.: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8248969/
* ''The Lancet'' and the ''Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health'' report: ''Over 100.000 killed in the illegal Iraq war''-Url.: http://tinyurl.com/5gys7
* Bush interview. ABC: No WMD's but many killed: "It was worth it" - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/6bal9
* Former Secr. of State Madeleine Albright in her comment on half a million dead children in Iraq: "We think it's worth it" On CBS 60' Minutes - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/2vmc8
* The must-see three-part BBC Documentary, "The Power of Nightmares," puts it bluntly: "Al-Qaeda is a (neocon) myth." - See Url.: http://www.guardian.co.uk/terrorism/story/0,12780,1327904,00.html
* In Indonesia they steal millions, faking and 'fighting' their own "War on Terror" - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/cq36f
* Wayne Madsen: ''What has Israel to do with 9/11?'' - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/bj754 - 'American neocons' - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/b5vsb - The US Federal Reserve and the private banks owning it - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/d3ntq
* Are their Corporate News Media Incompetent, Criminally Negligent or Complicit? - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/cqpfe
* Brainwashed? - Take the free 'Gullibility Factor' test to find out if you're really a mind slave, or not - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/cbgnc
* Colin Powell: 'It is not anti-Semitic to criticize the policies of the state of Israel' - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/22p6c
* Neoconservatism as a Jewish Movement - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/5k7vx
* American car magnate Henry Ford investigated 85 years ago the global problem - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/2xz35
* Help all the troops of whatever nationality to come back from abroad! We need them badly at home in many countries - AND WITH ALL THEIR WEAPONS, WHICH WE PAID FOR BY TAXES - to fight with us against our so called 'governments' and their malignant managers - Url.: http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/
* The World Can't Wait! - Drive out the neocons and their 'Bush Regime' - Mobilize for November 2, 2005! - Url.: http://www.worldcantwait.org/
If you feel you are on this list by mistake, or would like to be removed, please simply reply with the word 'Remove' in the subject line. But: if you have received this from a third party and wish to be added to the list, just send a blank email with the words 'Add me to the list' in the subject line.
FPF-COPYRIGHT NOTICE - In accordance with Title 17 U. S. C. Section 107 - any copyrighted work in this message is distributed by the Foreign Press Foundation under fair use, without profit or payment, to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the information. Url.: http://liimirror.warwick.ac.uk/uscode/17/107.html
Main Page - Monday, 10/31/05
Message Board by American Patriot Friends Network [APFN]
APFN MESSAGEBOARD ARCHIVES