by Steven LaTulippeRon Paul and the Empire - DON'T CLICK IF YOU ARE UNDER 18Tue Oct 2, 2007 13:5072.201.70.108Ron Paul and the Empire
by Steven LaTulippe
"If we have to use force, it is because we are America! We are the indispensable nation. We stand tall, and we see further into the future."
~ Former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright
Can Ron Paul really win? Does he have a snowballís chance of becoming the next president, or are we all kidding ourselves?
At the moment, Rep. Paulís quixotic campaign seems to be picking up steam. His recent fundraising statistics reveal a blossoming, internet-based movement that is uniting libertarians and other concerned citizens from across the political spectrum. His performance in the media has been sharp, and his organization seems to be honing its message.
While there are plenty of reasons for optimism, I think we need to be clear-eyed about the road ahead. If Rep. Paul somehow manages to remain a viable candidate and to seriously challenge his mainstream opponents, things will get extremely interesting. He faces a set of obstacles unlike any other candidate in my lifetime.
When evaluating his chances, itís important to accept one fact about contemporary America: This is not a democracy, and certainly not a constitutional republic. America is actually a carefully concealed oligarchy. A few thousand people, mostly in government, finance, and the military-industrial complex, run this country for their own purposes. By manipulating the two-party system, influencing the mainstream media, and controlling the flow of campaign finance money, this oligarchy works to secure the nomination of its preferred candidates (Democratic and Republican alike), thus giving voters a "choice" between Puppet A and Marionette B.
Unlike the establishmentís candidates, Ron Paul is a freelancer running on three specific ideas:
1. The federal government must function within the strict guidelines of the Constitution.
2. America should deconstruct its empire, withdraw our troops from around the world and reestablish a foreign policy based on noninterventionism.
3. America should abolish the Federal Reserve Bank, eliminate fiat currency and return to hard money.
This is not a political agenda. This is not a party platform. It is a revolution. The entire ruling oligarchy would be swept away if these ideas were ever implemented. Every sentence, every word, every jot and tittle of this agenda is unacceptable, repellent and hateful to Americaís ruling elite.
The reasons for this are fairly obvious.
Through its control of the Federal Reserve, the banking elites make billions of dollars in unearned profits and exert enormous influence over the American economy. Countless industries and special interest groups (both foreign and domestic) have sprung up around our defense and national security budgets. The bureaucratic elites who dominate the federal government despise the Constitutionís limitations on their power and view the document as just an archaic "piece of paper."
Anyone who believes these folks will simply "walk away" if Ron Paul is elected president obviously doesnít understand with whom they are dealing.
When its authority over the Southern states was challenged in the 19th Century, the oligarchy suspended the Constitution and launched a bloody war that killed three quarters of a million people. They arrested newspaper editors, deported antiwar congressmen, and burned down several American cities.
A century later, the oligarchy nuked two Japanese cities, killing thousands of civilians in the twinkle of an eye.
DON'T CLICK IF YOUR ARE UNDER 18
- 9/11 Truthers Respond to Bill Maher Katy, Tue Oct 2 12:50
- Now THAT was hilarious...... I loved it. Pepper, Tue Oct 2 23:41
- PLEASE, Join Bill Maher's site forum - post for 9/11 TRUTH Wtcqd2000@aol.com, Tue Oct 2 13:56
- Re: Bill Maher - URGENT 9/11 Action! Need help! William Douglas, Wed Oct 3 01:40
- Sorry Wm Douglas, registration has been disabled. Pepper, Thu Oct 4 01:22
- Re: [SPAM] [Fwd: [apfn-1] 9/11 Truthers Respond to Bill Mahe Bill Maher, Tue Oct 2 13:45
- Ron Paul and the Empire - DON'T CLICK IF YOU ARE UNDER 18 by Steven LaTulippe, Tue Oct 2 13:50
- Ron Paul Discussed on The View The View, Tue Oct 2 18:24
- THIS POSTING IS FOR THOSE WHO WANT TOTHINK BEFORE THEY VOTE! David Stewart, Wed Oct 3 05:14
- Great post and link. Pepper, Thu Oct 4 01:19
- Ron Paul is America's "LAST HOPE"! Pepper, Wed Oct 3 00:07