The President’s 10-Year War In IraqFri Sep 14, 2007 18:41Speaker Nancy Pelosi email@example.com
The President’s 10-Year War In Iraq
On Thursday night, President Bush outlined his Iraq policy – a status quo strategy that leaves at least 130,000 American soldiers in harm’s way as part of a 10-year occupation of Iraq. This is simply unacceptable. The Bush plan of 130,000 Americans in Iraq for 10 more years is not a reduction in our footprint; it is an insult to the intelligence of the American people to call that a new direction in Iraq.
The American people reject the President’s call for an ‘enduring relationship’ with Iraq that is based on leaving our troops in the middle of a deadly civil war. The President failed to answer how maintaining 130,000 soldiers in Iraq would strengthen our military, make us safer, or how he would pay for its additional $700 billion cost. Even General David Petraeus, in his testimony before Congress this week, could not explain how the Iraq war has made our nation safer.
The President’s war in Iraq has dangerously overstretched our military, left America less protected against terrorism, and more vulnerable as other global threats emerge – all at the cost of hundreds of billions to the taxpayers. More than 3,700 brave Americans have lost their lives, and it is unconscionable to ask additional sacrifices of our military while Iraqi politicians refuse to make the political progress necessary to end sectarian violence.
Watch Senator Jack Reed’s Response to President Bush’s Address on Iraq>>
Read what editorial boards across the country are saying about General Petraeus’s testimony>>
President Bush’s Strategy is Just More of the Same>>
Iraq News from Speaker Pelosi>>
Iraq Oversight and Hearings>>
Iraq Resources and Facts>>
- VIDEO: The Secret Code on Veteran's DD214 MCAC, Fri Sep 14 13:33
- Federal agencies flunk their audits And the Game Continues Down the Drain of History, Fri Sep 14 20:22
- E-passport chips & microwaves Big Bodie, Fri Sep 14 18:22
- "THE CULTURE WAR" "The Abbie Hoffman Staire", Fri Sep 14 18:35
- The President’s 10-Year War In Iraq Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Fri Sep 14 18:41
- (CENTCOM), derided Petraeus as a sycophant By Gareth Porter*, Fri Sep 14 18:59
- 9/11 Explains the Impotence of the Anti-war Movement By Paul Craig Roberts, Fri Sep 14 18:46
- [Saluting_Our_Veterans] A LITTLE PERSPECTIVE LINDA STANLEY, Fri Sep 14 13:57
Main Page - Monday 09/17/07
Message Board by American Patriot Friends Network [APFN]
APFN MESSAGEBOARD ARCHIVES